Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal information” refers to “personal information” as referred to in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information about living individuals, including information that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions included in the information, including data on appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, etc., in addition to information (personal identification information) that can identify a specific individual from the information alone, such as the insurer number on a health insurance card.
Article 2 (How Personal Information is Collected)
We may ask you for personal information such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address when you register as a user.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purpose of collecting and using personal information is as follows.
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to user inquiries (including performing identity verification)
- To send emails for new features, updates, campaigns, etc. regarding the service you are using and information on other services provided by this Organization
- For maintenance and important notices as needed
- To allow users to view, change, delete, and view usage status of their registered information
- Activities concomitant to the above purposes
Article 4 (Alterations to purpose of use)
- This Organization shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purpose of use is relevant to that before the change.
- When the purpose of use is changed, the purpose after the change shall be notified to the user or announced on this website by another method prescribed by this Organization.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- We do not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user except in the cases listed immediately below. However, this does not apply where permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is required by a national agency or local public entity or its trustees in order to cooperate in performing the duties stipulated by laws and regulations, and when obtaining the consent of the person may hinder the execution of these affairs
- When the following items have been notified or announced in advance and this Organization has notified the Personal Information Protection Committee:
- Purpose of use includes provision to third parties
- Items of data to be provided to third parties
- Means or method of providing data to third parties
- An individual has requested that this Organization stops providing personal information to third parties
- Method of accepting such requests
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, personal information will not be provided to any third party.
- When all or part of the handling of personal information is outsourced within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided along with the succession of business due to mergers or other reasons
- In the circumstance that personal information is shared with a specific person, if the person is notified in advance, or such knowledge is put it in a state where the person can easily know it, regarding the personal information that is shared, the scope of the shared user, purpose of the user, and the name or name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 6 (Disclosure of personal information)
- The Organization will disclose personal information when requested by the individual. However, if any of the following apply to disclosure, we may not disclose all or part of it, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify that fact. When disclosing personal information, a fee of 1,000 yen (excluding tax) will be charged for each case.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- When there is a possibility that it will significantly hinder the proper execution of our business
- Other instances that would violate laws and regulations
- Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information, including history information and so-called characteristic information, will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
- If any user’s personal information held by this Organization is incorrect, the user may request that this Organization corrects, adds to, or deletes the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Correction etc.”) according to the procedures determined by this Organization.
- If this Organization receives a claim from a user regarding that set forth in the preceding paragraph and if this Organization determines that it is necessary to comply with that claim, such personal information shall be corrected.
- If this Organization makes corrections based on the provisions of the preceding paragraphs or decides not to make corrections, this Organization will notify the user of this.
Article 8 (Suspension of use of Personal Information, etc.)
- Upon request, this Organization will conduct the necessary research and suspend use of or delete the personal information of any individual request in circumstances where personal information is being handled outside of its intended purpose, or in which it has been obtained by unauthorized means (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of use”).
- If it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request and dependent upon the results of the research indicated in the preceding paragraph, we will suspend use of the personal information.
- If this Organization suspends the use or otherwise decides not to suspend the use of personal data based on the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, this Organization will notify the user of this.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, when there is a large cost for suspension of use, etc., or when it is difficult to suspend use, etc., and where alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user can be taken, we will take this alternative.
- The contents of this Policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise required by law or otherwise stated in this Policy.
Article 10 (Contact Information for Inquiries)
Please use the following contact information for inquiries regarding this Policy.
Address: 6-25-8 Higashi Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo-to
website address is https://vegemap.org
Organization name: NPO VegeProject Japan
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org